OSAA high school rules are to be followed with the following exceptions:
• 5th grade games will be played with 20 minute running halves. If the game is within 15 points, the last 4 minutes of the game will
be stop time.
• 6th - 8th grade games will consist of two 16 minute halves. The game will be stop time as
in high school games. In the final four minutes of the game, any time the lead is greater than 20 points, the clock will continue to run.
• We give every team at least five minutes of warm-up time (more if time
• Half-time will be five minutes, unless we are behind schedule. In this case, we may limit
half-time to two or three minutes.
• If the game is tied at the end of regulation time, we will play one two minute stop-time
overtime. If the game is still tied after the overtime, we will then begin with a jump ball and the first team to score is the winner ("sudden victory.")
• Each team will receive three full and two 30 second timeouts per game. These do not carry
over into the overtime. Each team will receive one timeout in the overtime. If we go into "sudden victory", each team will again receive one final timeout.
• For 5th and 6th grade boys and 5th - 8th grade girls, we will use the intermediate-size
ball, also known as a 28.5 or women's ball. 7th and 8th grade boys will use the regulation sized ball.